Hawk-Eye Baseball Product Manager
Department: Product Management
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: USA, Atlanta
Workplace Type: Onsite
A day in the life of a Sports Product Manager
As a Baseball Product Manager at Hawk-Eye Innovations, you will be part of a team that is focused on the global opportunities for Baseball, both now and in the future, combining business development with driving client-led innovation across the sport.
You will work closely with MLB and baseball team clients to identify solutions that will fulfill their strategies from a technical perspective; investigate and understand the current opportunities for Baseball, identify where existing solutions meet demand and create a longer-term vision for Baseball in line with the Hawk-Eye business strategy.
Internally you will work closely with the Product Squads in bringing together expertise for Baseball-specific solutions, the Sales and commercial teams to research the market and competition, and form a strategic roadmap to ensure we are pursuing the most valuable opportunities for our customers and the business. In addition, you will work with the Product Platform Managers to recommend and roll out existing solutions ensuring business viability.
For prioritized initiatives, you will work in collaboration with the Product and Enabling Squads to ideate and create solutions in an iterative, agile environment, to deliver value faster and ensure continuous learning and improvement.
You will be responsible for ensuring the solution meets the demand and continue to monitor and develop the solution over its lifetime, providing an invaluable link between the customer and centralized product squads
- Partner with senior global sports heads to lead the charge of technology within Baseball; ensuring Hawk-Eye remain a global leader in sports innovation
- Understand customer strategies to identify opportunities for technology in Baseball
- Co-create the global Baseball roadmap with major leagues and clients, analyzing their needs and aligning the Baseball roadmap to strategic goals
- Co-create story maps with the product teams to iteratively develop new solutions
- Serving as the voice of the user, client and business goals
- Provide context to and collaborate closely with one or multiple cross-functional teams of product managers, delivery managers, engineers and designers to define, build and deliver high-value products
- Support the ownership of strategic product roadmaps, ensuring there is continual dialogue internally to agree on priorities
- Engage with sales teams/regional MDs to understand opportunities that emerge from client relationships
- Find new applications for existing technology in Baseball
- Work with the Product Owners to provide existing solutions to meet customer demand
- Conduct primary and secondary research to develop insights, and themes and define areas of opportunity
- Create initiatives (Projects) articulating product and market narrative
- Write strategy, key objectives and results and monitor the data to help make business decisions
- Collaborate with stakeholders during the visioning, ideation and concept development of a product
- Recognize all cultural differences across Baseball and regions, and build customer solutions that meet their strategic need in a powerful and culturally sensitive manner
- Accountable for ensuring the solution meets the requirements (UAT)
- Cross regional and global solutions leadership and act as a figure head for Baseball Innovations and ideation across the business
- Informs the risks of Value and Business Viability
- Working at a portfolio level
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
- Deep-level understanding of Baseball incl day to day operational and performance needs and future growth opportunities
- 2-3 years in a Product Manager role managing all stages of the digital product life cycle with relevant stakeholder management experience;
- Experience working with technically complex products;
- Experience working with cross-functional teams to deliver on common goals;
- Defining minimum marketable features and minimum viable products;
- Experience in writing requirements and acceptance criteria;
- Client-facing and internal communication skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Stakeholder management and leadership;
- Product roadmap definition experience;
- Understanding the technologies used in the products worked on.
Nice to have (but not a deal-breaker):
- Experience working with creating and delivering products within a business-to-business setting;
- Experience working on products that combine software and hardware.
Our Product Team
As a Baseball Product Manager, you will be a part of a larger Product team that consists of experienced Product Managers, Product Engineers, Delivery Managers and UX/UI professionals all reporting to the Product Director.
Our Product Team Culture
Our Product Department at Hawk-Eye is built on a culture shaped by openness and honesty, along with a desire to push the boundaries of technology and innovation. We are collaborative but also run with autonomy, and are focused on providing global opportunities for any given sport. Our business and output are challenging and we thrive in a world that is constantly changing and evolving. We are agile and strive for the highest quality in everything we do. As a team, we are constantly learning, challenging and pushing ourselves.
At Hawk-Eye Innovations, we continue to push the boundaries of innovation within the global sports industry. As part of our team, you will work closely with exceptional people and the most cutting-edge products, which we have built in-house along with user-focused solutions.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Hawk-Eye is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability, or union membership status.
About Hawk-Eye Innovations
Hawk-Eye Innovations have been at the forefront of sports officiating and broadcast enhancement technology since 2001. The world’s biggest sporting events trust Hawk-Eye to make the right call when it matters most.
Hawk-Eye’s vision-processing, video replay and creative graphic technologies make sport fairer, safer, more engaging and better informed. Our innovations are constantly changing the face of sports officiating, production, content management, and fan engagement in every sport.
Hawk-Eye Innovations form a key part of the Sony Sports Innovations Group with a shared mission to deliver best-in-class officiating, broadcast and digital solutions to the sports world.
At Hawk-Eye Innovations, our three core values underpin our success, ensuring that we continue to be a leading innovator in sports technology on a global scale. Our business is filled with exceptional talent that helps to ensure that the World’s biggest sporting events trust us to make the right call when it matters the most. We deliver on this by ensuring that:
WE ARE BRAVE
Confident in solving almost impossible problems, pioneering and ambitious for our clients and for ourselves. We are bold leaders in the industry, driven by possibilities and striving with pace and energy. We understand our risks and love the challenge.
WE ARE OWNERS
Our business is our own; we feel every win, and especially the losses. We take pride in excellence and trust ourselves to do what’s right, relentlessly. We make decisions like owners, with endeavour and entrepreneurialism. We are serious about what we do, and have fun whilst doing it.
WE ARE INCLUSIVE
We are one team; a community that’s connected and open. No secrets, no politics, just honesty and respect. We value diverse thinking, and diverse people – this helps us innovate. We treat people as people, who are all integral to our success and we celebrate as one.
Diversity and Inclusion
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experience drives us forward every day. We celebrate differences. We encourage different opinions and approaches to be heard, and then we come together and build.
Our response to COVID 19
During this time Team Hawk-Eye is working in a hybrid manner for all of our Head Office roles. Our operational teams are working onsite, Pioneering & Inspiring Change in Sport every day!
Head Office Teams
We are currently working through a blend of in-person interactions (typically two days per week) and remote activity.
Our operational teams are working on-site to ensure we can provide the highest level of service to our clients. We are taking the current guidance extremely seriously and are ensuring that the health, safety and well-being of our employees are at the highest standard.
To apply, please follow this link.
The content in this posting was created and provided solely by Hawk-Eye Innovations.